Sunday, October 12, 2014

In the Sepulchre there by the Sea


And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

Edgar Allan Poe 

Zomtober rolls on with the second of Wyrd's aquatic zombies painted in similar colors to last week's contestant. Putting a greenish-blue dress on a blueish-green zombie initially seemed dicey but in the end things pulled together nicely I think. 

Paints/washes used on the skin


 

The sea-creatures-on-the-base theme continues with my tribute to two of the more terrifying figures in today's popular culture.
 


Gary looks on, transfixed in horror.
 

I was trying to set a mood when I started this thing. Guess that's shot to hell. 

Some more pictures and I'll be on my way:



 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Superb! Beautifully painted, and modelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roy. Never underestimate the power of green stuff and too much time on ones hands :P

      Delete
  2. That is just stunning, an outstanding piece of work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work! One of the good points of Zomtober is finding excellent posts like this one! Love the painting and theme of that mini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I have discovered your Zomtober efforts as well. You've been added to the Zomtober blogroll.

      Delete
    2. Cheers, Finch. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Everybody else has stolen the adjectives I wanted to use.
    WOW! Brilliant painting dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing worse than pilfered adjectives. Thank you, Bob.

      Delete
  5. I love the colours very much! This is a fantastic piece of work. Well done indeed. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir. Suppressed the urge to introduce a flashier color for the dress. Thought it best to preserve the contrast between the rust and everything else.

      Delete