Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stadium Seating


No more fumbling through a drawer full of paint to find that needed color. Drawers are acceptable vessels for the storage of paint but fail miserably on the retrievability scale.

In an attempt to rectify the problem, I have cobbled together my very own DIY paint rack from Elmers's Foamboard. If I had to do it over again I'd think through the design of the side panels a bit better, but other than that I'm happy with the result.

 

One thing I definitely wouldn't change is the material used. The foamboard turned out to be perfect for this application; sufficiently rigid, easily cut and glued together.

It appeals my cheap side too. The finished rack holds more paint than commercially available versions that cost three times as much.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed these foamcore ones are so useful. :) I made three myself this year. Slightly different, but oh so useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very useful indeed. On the down side, I now have one less excuse for my glacially slow mini-painting pace.

      Delete
  2. Those are cool. Are they from a set of plans or did you make it free style?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically freestyle. Took some measurements, roughly sketched things out on a scrap of paper, grabbed an x-acto knife, and went to town.

      Delete
  3. Was yesterday very irritated with my painting area - today I found a solution and just happen to have a fresh supply of foamboard :)
    Thx /Hans

    ReplyDelete