Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Shadow of the Past

I come before you today bearing eye-candy. As promised, the current post includes pictures of miniatures that I painted back in the day… the 1980’s… when the A-team still walked the earth and enamel paints ruled. For starters, here’s a link to a thread on the Otherworld Miniatures forum where I posted a few examples a while back.
But wait, there’s more! I’ve honed my puny photographic abilities somewhat since then through trial-and-error and the receipt of a tripod for Christmas. At this point, pride of authorship tempts me to shout something cheesy like, “Feast your eyes on these!”, but journalistic integrity compels me to keep my composure. At any rate, here is a new batch to look at: link. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Finch,

    Some really nice pieces in there. You're style is very much "of the period" if you know what I mean. I grew up with my dad's old copies of citadel magazines and that's the way the mini's were painted.

    I'm assuming you no longer use enamels but have switched to acrylics?

    Really looking forward to seeing some of your Otherworld minis as well as watching you discover a new style of painting for a new century :P

    Duke

    ReplyDelete